Maintenance Technician I
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining a safe and clean environment for our guests, animals, and employees. This position will be performing routine and scheduled maintenance of exhibits, equipment, tools, and overall grounds of Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park. This position works closely with senior Maintenance staff to troubleshoot and quickly provide solutions to problems as they arise.
1. Provide technical support and labor in the following disciplines: HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), electrical, plumbing, machinery repair, carpentry and general fabrication.
2. Assists in the continuing development and implementation of a preventative maintenance program for all facilities and life support equipment in the Park.
2. Reviews and becomes familiar with the technical aspects of all systems within the Park.
5. Provide support to other departments as needed including husbandry and dive operations.
6. Recommend and maintain the stock of required spare parts, tools, and test instruments.
7. Maintain Maintenance logs and records.
8. Interface effectively with other departments to maintain the highest quality standards.
9. Follow and maintain all safety policies and procedures.
10. Maintain the highest standard of work area cleanliness at all times.
11. To perform other duties as workload necessitates.
1. Preferred but not required to have a minimum of two years of experience working in a construction trade.
2. Must have the ability or the ability to learn to work from discussions, directions, and drawings to conceptualize and construct complete assemblies, systems, displays, or exhibits using multiple skills. Ability to fabricate structures and equipment as required using wood, fiberglass (FRP), glass, acrylic and related materials.
3. Must be proficient in use of proper test equipment, hand & power tools, and shop equipment.
3. Must have basic electrical knowledge.
3. Must have experience pipe fitting utilizing PVC, copper and tubing.
4. Must have basic knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word.
5. Must have the physical ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
6. Must have the physical ability to work in difficult areas and perform required duties as assigned, which include standing for long periods of time, working in all types of weather conditions, kneeling, bending, lifting and squatting down.
7. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Application, cover letter, and resume can be mailed to:
Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park
1010 Miracle Strip Parkway SE
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548